Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Hump Day - It Seems Like You're Ready

Note : There seems to be something about Wednesdays. I can't seem to get something down unless I do it in the morning. By the afternoon, I have my iPod going, gchat conversations galore & the A.D.D. goes into 5th gear. I'm going to do better. Honest.

"She's ready." Now the origin of this phrase I truly don't know, but it's self explanatory. Although I hear it most frequently among my Southern brethren, the Pied Piper made a song about it long before I knew what it really meant. But for those who still need an explanation, I'll describe a situation: I'm chillin' by the bar at a popular Atlanta club for their Black & White party this past Memorial Day weekend. And when I say "chillin' by the bar", I mean standing shoulder to shoulder in a sea of THIRSTY (literally & figuratively) men & women. As I'm waiting for my bois to place their orders, I feel a palm on my ass and then a healthy squeeze as if it's being checked for ripeness. My head was immediatley on swivel as I try to figure out WHO THE FUCK just violated my personal space (it's sad to say but I live in Atlanta and depending on who it was a fight may have ensued, if you catch my drift). Just when I think the culprit has gotten away like a perverted thief in the night, I lock eyes with a woman who has the most devilish smirk smeared across her face. Her eyes were like a teleprompter and they read "Yeah, it was me". She's ready.

1 comment:

Liv of Cakeshire... said...

Oooh Dave, oh Dave. If only to see your face after being violated. I'm sure it was a priceless moment beyond compare. BEYOND COMPARE.