Monday, March 9, 2009

Leaders of the New School - Drake

Aside: Before I begin I'd like to say, *exhale* Damn, I missed this. Even though I thoroughly enjoyed my weekend [despite losing my I.D. in Modern] I really had the desire to sit down and pen something. Maybe the consistent urge I've always had to write just needed to be nurtured instead of snuffing it out like a small fire. Now, I'm feeding the inferno. I'm cookin with gas, bitches. I digress...

Let me introduce you to the next LOTNS the same way I was, take a listen:


I hope you listened to it more than once. On first listen I'm sure you noticed the flow and some of the lyrics probably stuck out, but it truly requires multiple listens to appreciate what's he's talking about. By "He", I'm referrin to Drake. I never watched (or heard of) Degrassi, but if you have he played a character named Jimmy Brooks. Since I downloaded his mixtape, "So Far Gone" I truly have not stopped listening. The music is truthful, witty, catchy, and most importantly QUALITY. Women are a constant fixture in his rhymes along with an introspective perspective on everything under the sun. Game recognize game and he's lookin' quite familiar. EVERYONE else I know that downloaded the tape shares an appreciation for it. It's hard to pinpoint my favorite tracks b/c the whole thing is the truth, but here are a few and a bonus gem from his previous mixtape, "Comeback Season". You need them both...



1 comment:

Jae said...

Ok Sir Wordsmith I think you have given me a new name for the Ipod list!! Of course Im really feeling the second song! ;)

Jae