Friday, February 13, 2009

Vaginentine's Day


It's not that I'm against love, but whoever introduced Valentine's Day aka Vaginentine's Day to the world needs to be stoned. I dont even know where to begin due to the disdain I have for such a FARCE of a holiday. First, why is it celebrated? Don't GOOGLE that shit either! Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter, even President's Day all have legitimate origins that are known by the general public. If you aren't a woman or a retailer, Vaginentine's Day is not for you. I've had women ask me, "what do you men want for Valentine's Day? My response was, "Vagina".

The main complaint amongst us men is, why is there so much significance placed on this day vs. last week when I showed you how much I care? I especially feel for those unlucky brothers who are involved with a woman who has a birthday in February. I actually know of one chick whose birthday is the 14th...

Photobucket

Ladies, I already know what it's really about. You dont want to be the odd woman out. When you see other females with flowers, candy, & cards, you want to be secure knowing you received presents of your own. You want to gloat about what he did, what he bought you, and where you are going to eat for dinner. MEANWHILE, his motivation for getting you something was about 5-15% SINCERE and 85-95% OBLIGATORY. Dont get me wrong, he cares about about you...but he doesn't give 2 fucks about Vaginentine's Day.

Shouldn't it matter more what your man does for you the other 364 days out of the year? I would think the fact he got you something b/c he was "supposed to" wouldn't make you so damn giddy. What about a bouquet of flowers on a random Wednesday? Or droppin you off at the spa on Saturday morning for a day of pampering just because? Sounds nice, right? Well the easiest way to not get anything from us is to expect something. If that went over your head don't worry, you'll catch it later.

I have an idea...You women can have St. Valentine's Day and we men will take St. Luke's Day (aka Steak & BJ Day) named after the preeminent saint of nastiness and all things mannish, Luther Campbell. I'm just saying...

Photobucket

4 comments:

T Dot said...

I've been waiting for your ass to write something!! Lol...
But I do agree, V-day is a hallmark holiday and as much as I don't agree with it I still somehow want a v-tine...(maybe that desire will dissipate when I have a bf shows his appreciation on the other 364 days of the year). Anyway, I digress. Men are neglected on V-day. If it's supposed to be about showing your love and appreciation for a particular person, then men need love too. I think women do get swept up in the desire to boast and brag about what they get from their man, failing to realize that their man might want the same type of treatment (probably not in the same manner, but you know what I mean).
V-day is a day for people to do the shit they were supposed to be doing the other 364 days of the year...and be praised for doing it.
Oh, and I can't stand you for March 14th...shut up! Lol...

TheEscapeArtist said...

First of all Christina, March 14 is a perfect example of turnabout being fair play.. and as I typed that, I thought that it was still an unequal trade with the advantage going to the women in this one. Valentine's Day gifts (which are marked up 200 percent, just to be able to mark them down 50% off... but I also digress..) are extremely expensive and carry the pressure of finding the perfect, thoughtful gift.. while the gifts for 3/14 are easy for women to think of and GIVE..

But speaking of pressure, that is exactly what Valentine's Day represents for the average gentleman. I concur completely with the message of our author, in that if one day of affection is going to make all that much of a difference, then what we may or may not choose do do for our significants doesn't matter the rest of the year.

One short point.. no one, man or woman, should feel any kind of way about wanting a Valentine.. someone that you love and care about enough to want to spend an entire dedicated day to just being with them and showing your appreciation to that person.. the true version of that feeling is something that should be cherished and encouraged, but I'm the kind of person that would do nothing for Valentine's Day just because it is expected.. If you get pissed for that (and if I have been the kind of 'Valentine' that I should be year-round), then (insert woman here) can go straight to Hell.

I could go on this forever, but there is no use in re-inventing the wheel when Cousin explained my position so eloquently. Let's end this sense of entitlement, ladies.. and do away with this SHAM of a day.

T Dot said...

Oh, I concur completely with the message of the author...I just say that as much as I hate the holiday (for it's complete bias and bullshit character), I would like to have a special person to spend it with. However, I feel that this is only sparked by my lack of that special person at the time. In all honesty, I think that if I were with someone we would treat Hallmark's holiday as a regular day. And I know that your March 14th is YOUR day...but as you previously stated, there would be no equal trade. Ya'll would still end up getting jipped (sp?)in the end. Cuz some women would think their obligation would end there...

Besides Carnell, you already know how I am...and there would be no singling out on V-day with me and mine...he would enjoy the day just as much as I would...

Kat Jacks said...

Stop your wining, ya'll have Sweetest Day! (for those who don't know what that is - google it. It's another made up holiday which originated in the Midwest and subsequently only Midwesterners are aware of it. LOL)

But I too, concur with the author.