Monday, February 23, 2009

And The Winner Is...


Creativity is King (c) LRG. Last night while watching the Oscars, I had an epiphany or should I say it was confirmed that creativity is also inspiring [in addition to being the complete antithesis of what I do on a daily basis] However, it was nothing like the Grammy’s which during some points I cringed. I watched the E n T i R e thing. My boi made a few observations on the awards and we had a discourse. Someone told me it was blog worthy... My comments in purple
  • In comparison to the Grammys, this was total contrast. I don’t usually watch awards shows, but there was NOTHING else to watch. The outfits, the presentation – seemed so much more thought out.

The whole presentation was cool. The way they introduced each category by integrating it with the different aspects of the movie making process. It almost made it like a learning experience. I’m still a NERD at heart so I was eating that up.

  • The outfits made me want to do a black tie affair. Everyone looking important and pompous. Even though I can’t see it being “fun,” that’s where I want to be!! I want to throw/attend a party with everyone tuxed out and the girls all elegant, but they still real guhls – gettin down on the flo’ © David Banner. That’s my dream party…

I feel you on the dream party. The soundtrack needs to be 90's music. You also can’t forget that by the end of the night, bow ties would be untied, blazers open, women would have sweated out their hairstyles and some chick is holding her stilletos in her hand...

  • My people are still under-represented, and that’s a bit disappointin

Our people are so under-represented it’s not funny but other than Cuba Gooding Jr and Will Smith soft-shoeing a bit (or was it just me?) at least we were represented well by those who were there.

  • Angelina Jolie is not that cute. I mean, don’t get me wrong. I’d definitely wife her if given the opportunity. But Taraji P. Henson, Beyonce, and Alicia Keys all DWARFED her last night. Maybe that’s my own preferences showing through, but man…those three wimmens? FIRE. So if I was given the choice between People Magazine’s most beautiful woman and the aforementioned trio, I’d pick one of the three.

Real Talk, she was actually cuter back in the day, when she was wilder. But I still would chosen the sisters over her. Don’t forget Halle either.

  • Brad Pitt & Angelina Jolie – a true Hollywood power couple (both nominated for Best actor/actress)…and the emeralds she was flossing? And he had stone-encrusted cufflinks and studs…

What else can you say about 'em, their certified (c) Kevin Garnett

  • Last observation: they should forbid people from clapping until the end of the presentation. They did the tribute to the fallen soldiers, and some people got more claps than others. It’s like dang…was his/her life more important than person before who got NO claps?

That's what happens when you have a audience. At least it wasn't completely rude and someone broke THIS out

Watch more My Video videos on AOL Video


BTW: Slumdog Millionaire really is that deal. Think "City of God", the Indian version. Latika [Freida Pinto] is bad too...


Photobucket

No comments: