Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Did Ya Miss Me?! (c) Varnell Hill

Hello. Hola. Bonjour. What it is? What it Do?!

The first thing I noticed about my page was my new followers. Then I thought "if this is SPAM, I'ma feel real stupid". But regardless, Welcome. Let's jump right into this because I have a confession to make...I'm selfish. Well, a selfish writer. You see I'm selective about what I share. Even though everytime I begin to write my thoughts immediately go everywhere like spilled milk, I clean it up and make it presentable. I tell you what I want you to know and you like it. But I swear I have a Na'vi-esque connection with this thing called penmanship (if you haven't seen Avatar, #killyoself). I touch the keyboard and we become one & it's hard to filter emotions when writing is the very catharsis that's needed. So when I'm stressed, I don't write. I think. I ponder. I worry. I pray. I vent. But I don't write. Then I thought, what's the purpose of being able to articulate yourself when you save it for when its "perfect"? Better out than in, right? Right. So read this...

"Greetings…It’s been a minute. Hope you’ve been well. If you follow me on twitter you get a taste of what’s going on, but I haven’t all out BLOGGED in months. I’ve been preparing for my future. I’m on that adult shit. I never knew how much I wanted to move on until 1) I knew it was possible and 2) I had a plan. To say I’m bored at my current job would be an understatement. I’m rotting. I’m wasting talent. A talent that I once thought was reserved for an extracurricular activity. But now, I’m confident and assured that my creativity mixed with my penmanship can take me to the places I’ve only dreamed of. Sadly, my background is in finance and no matter how persuasive I think I am, no ones gonna hire me based on my mouthpiece…Pause. I need to be certified. So in comes the MBA piece. So far on my ride to the top, I wanted to take the elevator but lately it feels like that bitch is out of service and I’m stuck taking the steps…to the 50th floor. After two botched attempts @ the GMAT that were disheartening and gut wrenching, I was left discouraged more than anything. On top of that, I’ve been placed on a waiting list twice for MLT and now I’m scheduled to take the test a third time. I feel like I’m getting jerked with no lube. BUT despite it all I preserve. Maybe I’m a glutton for punishment, maybe I’m blindly persistent, I think I’m just ready to be great. I have dreams and visions…and they’re in HD."

If you know me, you know that I wouldn't have shared that if I had not already taken the test and gotten the score I needed. #BOW #BOW LOL And I will know in a week whether I'm accepted to MLT or not. Regardless of how that goes, I'm in a good place. I've learned the difference between a winner, a loser and a champion. And I'ma champion.

My brain is getting a much needed rest and I can write again. I have more music to share, more Self-Help to distribute to these foul beasts with my co-author the Arteest(@scallywaggin84), more commentary on the male/female dynamic, and a few other surprises.

I'm just gettin started bitches (c) Rick James

3 comments:

n.harlem said...

"...in HD." YES!!!!!

Let's get this chapter started. :)

KeetaRay said...

I'm uber late, but NICE! I like reading your blogs. And proud of you - DO that!! You'll be just fine.

Unknown said...

visit this site:
www.engineers-society.com