Monday, July 13, 2009

It All Started With a Grilled Cheese Sammich


I've been absent from my writing post for almost two weeks now. Meanwhile, numerous news worthy events have transpired and gone undocumented on my watch. I should have to turn in my pen and my page should be deactivated. My literary license should be revoked ...yeah right. It's not THAT serious. But what is serious is what I have to say concerning the rest of this year.

As I stood in front of the open refrigerator enjoying the view (it was empty for a few weeks while I was traveling), I suddently had a craving for a grilled cheese sammich. If you've been reading the Self-Help series, you know the signifcance of this delicacy. After I whipped one up and enjoyed all the crunchy cheesiness that eminates from those two pieces of bread, I reflected on my year thus far. I've accomplished goals but I still have miles to go before I sleep [and miles to go before I sleep]. So now that I, well, we are embarking on the second half of '09 you can expect the following:
  • No more Hump Day or Friday Funny. I've been thinking of alternative ways of providing consistent writing samples every week and when I come up with them I'll post them (however I'm reserving the right to bring Hump Day back if a new song oozing with sexual innuendo comes out or if I just have the urge to talk my shit)

  • Increased dialogue around male/female relations. Candid dialogue. So I'll put the disclaimer out there: I'm not trying put anyone on blast. I write to right the wrongs & sometimes that includes highlighting some personal experiences from friends or even myself. All names will be changed to protect the innocent (and my car, facebook page, & anything of mine that could be vandalized for vindictive purposes)

  • Tweetin' : @davedougie...Follow me (as creepy as that sounds)

Stay tuned for more slick talk.

2 comments:

Liv of Cakeshire... said...

Oh, I had a grilled cheese this past weekend that was indeed scrumdiddlyumptious... and I am sad to see that I won't be able to tune in on my regularly scheduled Wednesday and Friday for some good readin'... oh well. I am however, curious to see what male/female fodder you will feed the masses with in the future. Curious indeed. And good disclaimer. :)

SETH BRUNDLE said...

There is definitely life after a hiatus. Your loyal readers will hound you until you return and continue to visit like you never left. Best of all, you'll have a renewed sense of why you started writing in the first place and fall in love all over again.

Welcome back, Dave.