Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Hump Day - Make It Like It Was

So I've been listening to Pandora all day sans headphones and I must say it's been clutch like the last piece of gum before the pack has been ravaged. I created a cool little station called "Old Soul". The foundation was laid with my favorite 70's group, The Stylistics, and brick by brick this house of soul is being built before my eyes & ears with the help of some other legendary artists. The longer the station plays, the brighter the light of truth shines... our music sucks in comparison to our parent's selection of tunes. What happened to the soul, to the passion, to the QUALITY? The world may never know. But b/c I'm not feeling as verbose today, I'm offering up 3 of my favorites...





1 comment:

Liv of Cakeshire... said...

You hit the nail on the head. I mean, my grandmamma had Patti LaBelle albums!! I remember the day my daddy told me that Teddy Pendergrass used to walk. I was like dang. All that tragedy and he kept on singing... what you have here is that good clean the house music. Open up the windows and fry some chicken, light some incense and clean the house music. Those were the great old days... *tear* :)